EZ Kits include EZ Install™ and patented, universal key technologies, revolutionizing modern key replacement for retailers.
Las Vegas, NV., May 6, 2019—At the 2019 National Hardware Show, Car Keys Express is revealing their latest innovation in modern key replacement—EZ Kits. Kits provide essential inventory for managing automotive key replacement for the most common makes and models on the road today. Smart keys, remote keys, transponder keys, and keyless entry remotes are included. Kits include proprietary EZ Installer™ technology to eliminate the need for complex programming equipment. Select devices feature patented, award-winning universal key technology to reduce inventory. The offering allows hardware stores to offer modern key replacement, expand their key replacement category, and increase key cutting service revenue.
“Maintaining a modern key replacement program is both complex and expensive,” said Mark Lanwehr, Founder and CEO of Car Keys Express. “We’re leveraging our position as the world’s only manufacturer of a full line of aftermarket, modern automotive keys to bring modern key replacement to retail. EZ Kits contain the inventory needed to easily and affordably provide key replacement for the highest volume vehicles. Our universal approach to key design makes this possible, providing wide coverage with minimal inventory requirements. And, our EZ Install™ technology eliminates the expense and hassle associated with complex programming equipment. Bottom line, EZ Kits make offering key replacement easier for retailers.”
The company’s patented universal technology, featured in EZ Kits, is a major differentiator from other automotive replacement solutions on the market. This technology makes the company’s keys and remotes flexible to function across multiple vehicle makes, models, and years, providing the highest percentage of vehicle coverage and turns with a minimum number of SKUs.
EZ Kits are the newest addition to the company’s robust retail ecosystem. The Car Keys Express retail “ecosystem” is designed to build a new key replacement program or enhance a retailer’s existing program. Revenue opportunities grow as new capabilities are added. Each level complements the previous, so retailers can build services over time. Ecosystem solutions fall into one of two categories, “do-it-yourself,” or DIY, and “do-it-for-me,” DIFM.
DIY solutions include:
- Universal Car Remotes—Winner of the AAPEX Best New Product Award, these consumer-programmable remotes control keyless entry systems for thousands of makes and models.
- Replacement Cases—These DIY kits allow consumers to recondition their worn or broken remote. Each includes a new outer shell and button pad. Standard and novelty American flag and camo cases are available.
- Replacement Remotes—These consumer-programmable devices offer a DIY solution for replacing common keyless entry remotes. All remotes look just like the original.
- Simple™ Keys—A DIY kit allows consumers to easily replace modern car keys previously only available at the dealership. A universal key and EZ Installer™ are included. Simple™ Key Classics are also available for basic transponder keys.
Other DIFM solutions include:
- Cutting & Cloning Keys—This program includes tools, keys, and training to provide key replacement for common transponder keys. Key cloning allows retailers to cover 50% of the cars on the road with less than 25 SKUs.
- Car Keys Express NOW!—This turn-key program provides simplified tools, universal keys, training, and field support to offer key replacement for 95% of vehicles on the road.
Car Keys Express is exhibiting at National Hardware Show booth #6240. Schedule an appointment or request additional information about show specials and merchandise packages designed just for hardware stores by contacting Kirk Stewart, Retail Marketing Director. Visit www.CarKeysExpress.com/NHS19 for more information.
About Car Keys Express
Car Keys Express is a global leader in discount, automotive key replacement for businesses and consumers. The company invented the world's first Universal Car Remote and Universal Car Keys and is the only company that manufactures a full line of aftermarket versions of modern car keys, like remote keys and smart keys. Car Care Express, a division of Car Keys Express, offers mobile vehicle reconditioning service for businesses and consumers. Founded in 2002, Car Keys Express is recognized for excellence in the industry, winning Inc. Magazine’s, “Inc. 5000” Award in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019, AAPEX "Best New Product" Award in 2015 and 2019, EY Entrepreneur of the Year® for Manufacturing in 2017, and 2017 Business of the Year by Business First Magazine. To learn more, visit www.CarKeysExpress.com.
About the National Hardware Show®
The National Hardware Show® celebrates a rich history spanning nearly 75 years of serving the home improvement marketplace. NHS continually evolves through the industry's involvement, commitment, and passion to improving America's quality of life through their homes. Today, NHS is the place for global manufacturers, associations, organizations and the media to get an unfiltered view of the industry, hands-on experiences, and access to the latest innovations and retail trends to enhance their business. For more information on the National Hardware Show, visit www.nationalhardwareshow.com.