Results show consumers are eager for a low-cost alternative to dealership key replacement.
Louisville, KY, April 17 2020— In collaboration with a leading national retailer, Car Keys Express offered on-site automotive key replacement for modern vehicles. The partnership with the big box retailer proved demand for modern automotive keys at retail.
- Ten high-traffic locations in seven different markets were used for the study.
- Service was offered for one or two weeks, depending on the location, Wednesday through Sunday.
- The keys offered are typically only available at dealerships.
- Keys were offered at an average price point 30-70% lower than typical dealership pricing.
- No marketing was done prior to the study. On days service was available, customers were only made aware of the offering outside the store.
- Participating locations sold 25 keys per day on average, with lower sales days at 15 keys per day and 60 keys sold during the busiest days.
- The average item sales price was $95.
- The average total sales per store, per day were over $2,000. On its busiest day, one location earned almost $6,000 in revenue.
During the case study period, most locations experienced increased foot traffic and customers returning for additional keys. Additionally, the Car Keys Express’s corporate customer service department received elevated phone traffic during this period from customers in the study areas wanting to know when and where the offering would occur again. With no marketing efforts, and strong sales to existing foot traffic, the results of the case study prove the demand for an affordable alternative to dealership key replacement is significant.
Car Keys Express partners with retailers large and small to design custom solutions to bring modern automotive key replacement to their stores. For more information, visit www.CarKeysExpress.com/Retail.
About Car Keys Express
Car Keys Express is a global leader in discount, automotive key replacement for businesses and consumers. The company invented the world's first Universal Car Remote and Universal Car Keys and is the only company that manufactures a full line of aftermarket versions of modern car keys, like remote keys and smart keys. Car Keys Express offers a complete line of retail-friendly solutions to allow retailers to build a key replacement program or enhance an existing program. Car Care Express, a division of Car Keys Express, offers mobile vehicle reconditioning service for businesses and consumers. Founded in 2002, Car Keys Express is continually recognized for excellence in the industry, winning Inc. Magazine’s, “Inc. 5000” in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019, AAPEX "Best New Product" Award in 2015 and 2019, EY Entrepreneur of the Year® for Manufacturing in 2017, and EnterpriseCorp’s FAST Innovation Award Winner in 2017, among others. To learn more, visit www.CarKeysExpress.com.